Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Study of Torah in Dark Times - VI

 “Praise be to God, if I were to write all my Torah novella from when I was in the hospital* in halakha and aggadah, it would be a complete and very important book...including many areas that are, praise be to God, ‘standing at the apex of the world,’ in their depth and height.”

Rav Michoel Forshlager, letter to Rav Mordechai Gifter quoted in Michoel B’Achas, p. 128 and 262

*In a different letter (p. 128), he describes his medical condition and hospital experience as follows: “I was suffering terribly, and after some days I went to the hospital for an eye operation. I was there for about three months with terrible suffering. For about fifteen weeks I was not allowed to move my head, even a bit, and they would monitor me for this.”


No comments: